This message is only visible to admins.
Backup cache in use.
2 weeks ago
One of CEEP’s long standing participants, Barbara Agnew, has won First Prize in the Edinburgh and Midlothian Beekeeper’s Association 2020 Honey Show.
A budding photographer Barbara entered two photographs into the Photographic competition and was delighted to secure first prize.
Barbara has been involved in the CEEP charity; volunteering within the gardens and bee apiaries. Barbara and her camera are regular visitors to the two CEEP bee apiaries located at Craigie’s Farm & Deli.
Despite the current setbacks due to Coronavirus, Barbara was able to take the winning photographs at the CEEP apiaries gaining first prize and a beautiful trophy, Barbara describes winning the competition as a great 2020 souvenir. Barbara has also kindly donated her book token prize to be spent on bee keeping books for the CEEP library.
We at CEEP congratulate Barbara on her achievement and thank her for the generous donation. We wish Barbara all the best for her future ventures within the CEEP charity. ... See MoreSee Less
4 weeks ago
CEEP GARDEN CLOSED FOR DEVELOPMENT
Bee apiaries open as normal.
Have your say in the exciting times ahead.
As you may be aware there are construction works underway at Craigie’s Farm & Deli for a new Play Barn, which is hoping to be opened in 2021. John and Kristeen Sinclair have asked that the smaller polytunnels and potting shed to be located within the CEEP garden boundary.
The trustees have been looking into the placement of the polytunnels and shed, as well as reviewing participants’ feedback and H&S. As a result trustees have developed an idea for the redevelopment of the garden and would appreciate any comments or feedback on the proposal.
Please get in touch with your feedback by messaging us or emailing email@example.com.
During this construction period the CEEP garden will need to be closed to participants due to health and safety reasons. Currently there are a variety of preparatory tasks being completed and materials collected within the gardens.
Therefore, the CEEP gardens will be closed as of Monday 26th October 2020 until further notice. Once all comments and feedback are received a final idea will be shared with you and the construction works completed as soon as possible.
Thank you for your time and patience during this period.
1. Large polytunnel will stay as it is.
2. Campbell’s shed will stay as it is.
3. BBQ area to be constructed.
4. Raised beds proposed turning. This is to allow for easier working by wheelchair users.
5. Proposed paths running throughout main part of garden. This will increase the ability of those less able to move around the garden. Paths will also contribute to reducing the risk of slipping or falling on wet grass.
6. 10 ft polytunnel to be located within the garden boundary, with hard core base, reducing the risk of slipping inside the tunnels and contributing to the ease of cleaning of polytunnel floor.
7. Potting shed to be located within the garden boundary.
8. Potting shed to be located within the garden boundary.
9. Allotment beds proposed wooden frames. Allowing for plots to be uniform and the affixing of bird netting.
10. 12 ft polytunnel to be located within the garden boundary, with hard core base, reducing the risk of slipping inside the tunnels and contributing to the ease of cleaning of polytunnel floor.
11. Proposed water pipe placement underground. Will provide irrigation to polytunnels. Placed under ground to reduce the risk of pipe being damaged or burst. ... See MoreSee Less
2 months ago
Good Morning all. Our secretary has sent an email to users regarding communication and future developments of the CEEP facilities. If you haven’t received this email and would like to be added to the CEEP mailing list, please message (by private message or email firstname.lastname@example.org) with your email address. Thank you. ... See MoreSee Less
3 months ago
Following the CEEP AGM in August there are now new trustees of CEEP.
Enrico Prentice - Chair
Graham Leith - Trustee/Treasurer
Rachael Penpraze - Trustee
Scott Innes - Trustee
Anna Morson - Trustee/Secretary
The trustees would like to take this opportunity to formally thank all previous trustees for their hard work.
Due to the major construction works happening at Craigie Farm all CEEP sheds and 2 smaller poly tunnels need to be located within the CEEP garden.
The trustees have initial ideas they would like to share with all users of the CEEP garden and receive feedback from the various groups.
In order to do this could everyone; past, present and new, who is interested in using the garden and the poly tunnels in the future please get in touch. Either by private message or email (email@example.com). Thank you. ... See MoreSee Less