Highlights during the past Year
- December 2014 – Hard standing completed, with 120 tonnes of material laid. All workers were volunteers and the plant was kindly donated by Webster Power Products of Wishaw.
- January 2015 – Orchard planted up by volunteers, under guidance from Simon Foad, Farm manager at Craigie’s.
- April 2015 – Charitable status granted by OSCR. We are now known as Craigie’s Education and Environmental Project SCIO.
- June 2015 – Hanging basket order fulfilled for Queensferry High Street businesses.
- June 2105 – Ten Raised beds completed and filled with soil. Children then planted them up the beds, as part of the Farm Open Weekend scheme.
- September 2015 – Number of beehives increased to five. New building provided for beekeepers and ninety jars of honey extracted.
- October 2015 – Project launched, with support from many people, including Craigie’s, QCCC, Volunteer Edinburgh and Edinburgh School of Food and Wine
- December 2015 – Grant received for 420 trees from The Woodland Trust. Major planting exercise completed